Friday, December 18, 2009

{Christmas for Teachers}


This is actually the first year that I have gotten something done for the boys' teachers.  Yeah Yeah I know I know.  :-Pththth
It is what it is.  It's not that I haven't WANTED to do something.  It's that I haven't done it.....crud!.....I barely got something done THIS year!  I completely forgot that TODAY was their LAST day of school!!!  UGH!  Yesterday was The Mr's birthday and so I was SO everywhere doing all sorts of things this past week for that that my brain was NOT on teachers or that the kids were going to be out of school soon.

SOOOOOOOO..........Last night before I went to bed I wrapped my head around a couple ideas......I was already playing with some ideas so it thankfully wasn't too hard to come up with this.




I took some of my Christmas pattern paper and made these popcorn containers with the cricut machine and the tags, bags, boxes & more cartridge....this was cut with the real dial size on at 4 1/2 inches

Then I cut these out to use as tags from the Christmas Cheer cartridge at 2 inches...I also cut the tops out with the shift.  I used white cardstock and left them on the mat and used a silver sharpie and colored them and let them dry before I took them off. (I very much try to use things that I already have on hand)
Then I wrote 'Merry Christmas' on all the little lights and took matching ribbon and tied all of them to the containers.  I took a rectangle of tissue paper (I have no idea what size, I just guessed and then cut them out) and put them in the containers and put in three EggNog Truffles per container.


They all looked so pretty!  :-D 
I took them up to the school and had the boys called down to the office.  I really loved being about to do this for the boys, and the really loved being able to hand them out to their teachers, and other adults that they interact with on a pretty much daily-ness.  Especially Mr A.....he....lets say he has interactions with LOTS of people.....and they really are amazing with our heart filled little boy, and I am greatful that I was able to help him show that we are thankful of them.  :-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OHHH well it's about time you did something like that :-P